The Idaho Digital Learning Driver Education course meets national standards for online learning, state standards, and is approved by the Idaho State Department of Education.
- This 6-week course fulfills the classroom portion of driver education.
- It must be completed concurrently with the behind-the-wheel and observation portions of the Driver Education program. The driving and observation must be scheduled to abide by the rules stated in the Operating Procedures for Idaho’s Public Driver Education Programs.
- IDLA provides only the online/classroom portion only of the driver education program. The student is responsible to find, schedule and compensate a licensed in-car instructor (public or private) to fulfill the in-car observation and in-car instruction requirements.
- IDLA does not issue or complete the Verification of Compliance (Idaho Code 49-303A), Certificate of Completion or the Student List. In-car instructors must track and submit all paperwork to respective parties (Student, SDE, DMV).
- The course is pass/fail and students need to have at least an 80% in each of the following areas: classroom (IDLA), in-car behind the wheel (public or private in-car instruction), and attitude.
- The course will cover the skills and attitudes needed to become safe drivers.
How do I sign up?
- Contact your school’s Site Coordinator to register for the classroom portion of driver education (this is usually your school counselor).
- Students will need to report who their in-car instructor is along with that person’s contact information (Name, phone, email) before the end of unit 1 of the course (2 weeks after course start date). *Students that do not have their in-car instructor information on file with IDLA at this time will be dropped from the course and issued a refund.
- Students are not to be behind the wheel until after the completion of the first unit of class (2 weeks after the start date).
- IDLA teachers will contact the in-car instructor within the first 2 weeks of the course start date and communicate the course layout (syllabus), schedule, and their contact information. IDLA teachers will then check in with the in-car instructor mid-way through the course and then again at the conclusion of the course after the student has taken the final exam.
How much does it cost?